Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Teen Tuesday

This Post Was originally posted on Teen Tuesday
=================================================================
The Past week I got to read some great books and I got to post an interview with an awesome author! First, lets talk genres, in the past week I started reading books from the genre Vampires which so far is a great genre and I am loving the books in it. I also read a middle grade novel by a 2k8 author which was great.

First I want talk about Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Before this month I really had no idea the book and series ever existed (I had seen it in stores though; I never really looked at what it was about). I finally took the time to find out what the book was about and I watched some clips from the movie. And after hearing great things about the book around the blogging world, I decided to read it. So I went to borders and bought the first two in the series, Twilight and New Moon. I wanted to get Eclipse but unfortunately the wallet was saying otherwise. So once I started reading Twilight, I was hooked. It was way better than any Harry Potter book. I couldn't wait to read New Moon.

But before I read Twilight I read The Emerald Tablet by P.J Hoover, which comes to stores October 21st. TET is a book made for older middle grade students but it was still wonderful. It was fast paced but that didn't phase me due to the wonderful twists in the book. I did not expect the ending at all, which is something I love in a book.

I also read yet another vampire book. This one is called Sucks To Be Me by Kimberly Pauley. It releases on August 26th. This wasn't one of those scary more serious vampire books. It was very humorous. It is about a girl who has to decide to become a vampire like her parents or to stay human. Which turns out to be a difficult choice due to what would happen if she chose not to and she absolutely hates the thought of drinking blood.

Lets talk interviews. This past week I got to post my interview with Brooke Taylor, author of Undone which will be released July 22nd. Brooke is a really nice person and I was very glad I got the time to interview her. I got to find out a lot about her, including that she has traveled the world! How cool is that?!?! This week I will be posting an interview with an author again but it will be split up into 2 days, part 1 will be posted on Wednesday and part 2 will be posted Thursday. And in the interview a rumor will be found false or true about this author's book that everyone has been wondering.
This coming up week I am planning on reading and reviewing Puddlejumpers and Eclipse.

No comments: