Friday, June 20, 2008

THE ELITE

"From the top you can seee everything... except yourself."

written by: Jenniafer Banash

pages: 237

my rating 1-5 stars:

4 stars!!!!

Casey McCloy is moving to New York to live with her grandmother while her mom goes to England to work on her book. When Casey steps into The Bramford, one of the most luxurious apartment buildings in New York, she is in shock, she can't believe how different this is compared to her old home, Normal, Illinios.
Right away she meets the most popular and beautiful girl in town, Madison Macallister. At first she thinks that Madison and her friends are very hounding. But then after talking to madison she thinks that there might be a slight cahnce that they could become friends. Madison invites Casey to hang out with her in the park, Central Park that is. When she finds madison at the park with her friends, Sophie and Phoebe, who seem a lot friendlier than Madison. It seems like Casey is going to become great friends with Madison. That is until Drew, the guy that was/is involved with Madison, shows up at the park unexpectedly. Now it seems that Drew might even have feelings for Casey! Before school starts, Casey goes shopping with her new frenemy Madison. When she gets to the store she realizes that every thing costs way too much for her. She alos starts thinking that there will be no way she will be able to fit in at her new school...
Okay, so at first I was very skeptical about reading this book because it is more for a girl audience. But I decided to read it anyways because "What is the harm in reading a book?" So the day I got it in the mail I started it and by the very first page, no sentence, I was hooked! This book wasn't as 'girly' as I thought t would be, even though there were some girly parts. What really got me so hooked into this amazing book was how the characters were so wonderfullycreated. My favorite character was Drew. Banash did an exceptionally wonderful job of creating him. I could really relate to what he was going through and why he seemed so confused. I could keep talking about why I liked Drew but then I would end up giving the book away...
So the only thing I thought was bad about this book is that I have to wait a few months to get IN TOO DEEP, the sequal to THE ELITE. I just know that I will fully enjoy it as much as I did reading THE ELITE. I would recommend this book to any teen, girl or guy, who likes a calming read that will make you laugh and relate your life to waht the characters are going through.

I want to give a HUGE thank you to the wonderfull Jennifer Banash for giving me the chance to read this amazing book!

~*~ Due to content in this book, I do not recommend it t any one under the age of 14.~*~

5 comments:

The Compulsive Reader said...

I liked this one too. The best part about it was there was no unnecessary drama. Casey was so much cooler after the second half of the book because she didn't take Madison's bait.

Have you heard about Jennifer Banash's vampire book? Looks intriguing...

P.S. Noticed that you plan on reading Generation Dead! Good! It is an amazingly spectacular read.

Kyle said...

That was one thing I liked, there was some drama but not too much. And I agree about Casey being coller in the second half.

Melissa Walker said...

I liked this one too. The characters were much more than surface rich girls... glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the middle of reading this book now, and am LOVING it!! :)

I found your blog by your comment on the Class of 2k8 blog, and I'm glad I did! I love your site- it's gone in my favorites. :)

Carolina said...

I loved this book too. The characters had depth not like most books about rich snobby girls. I can't wait for IN TOO DEEP!